1) Millenium Park gets more beautiful every time I go.
2) Roast suckling pig is not overrated (and neither is the restaurant that served it, Mercat a la Planxa, one of my faves!).
3) Trekking to Urban Belly for their fresh, flavorful wonton soup would be totally worth it.
4) Chicago should really get on the sake train.
5) To make a mint-infused martini, put a few sprigs in the shaker along with ice and other ingredients (try gin, simple syrup and lemon juice); shake with a gentle, rolling motion; strain and serve.
5) Eden Valley, Australia is the place for bone-dry Riesling.
6) Duck confit grilled cheese on baguette—try it, you’ll like it.
7) There is always waaaaay more alcohol than food at these types of events, so pace yourself!
Any Chicagoans reading this who attended the event? What did you think? Do you have anything to add to my pearls of wisdom above? More importantly, would you go again next year?